4 Ways You Can Keep the Toilets In Your Facility Clean
admin admin | Jan 17, 2019
Toilets are some of the most trafficked areas in your facility. Hundreds or even thousands of your workers go in and out of them every day, making your facility’s restrooms a perfect breeding ground for bacteria. If left unchecked, this can lead to illness among your employees.
This means proper toilet maintenance is essential to the safety and well-being of your workers, as well as the productivity of your entire facility. So, here are 4 ways you can keep the toilets in your facility clean.
1. Stock your toilets with good hygiene products.
Prevent germs from multiplying by using high-quality hygiene products like:
- Industrial-grade hand cleaners that remove dirt, grime, and oil.
- Premium wrapped toilet paper that is soft, comfortable and super absorbent.
- Toilet roll dispensers made of durable stainless steel for long-lasting use.
These products will eliminate the risk of disease-causing bacteria such as E. coli, Shigella or Staph spreading among your workers. Remember, a clean, hygienic workplace is a safe and happy workplace, so stock your toilets with these items at all times. If possible, buy in bulk as it is cheaper that way, and you’re likely to get more discounts.
In addition, make sure that there is at least one large waste bin in every toilet or restroom so that your workers don’t just throw their rubbish anywhere.
2. Maintain your toilets with high-quality cleaners.
They are a great way to sanitise your restrooms. Use cleaners with anti-bacterial agents that can destroy harmful and odour-causing germs. That way, you’ll not only disinfect the floor tiles, sinks, urinals and toilet bowls, you’ll also keep the entire toilet smelling clean fresh.
Toilet cleaners are very easy to use. Some are thickened for better absorption of dirt and grime, and some can are concentrated so that they can be mixed with water. Whatever kind you use, just make sure it’s something that is not so abrasive that it damages surfaces in your toilets.
3. Regular maintenance is a must.
When it comes to toilet cleaning, it’s not just about quality. The frequency of cleaning matters, too, and it’s important that your cleaning staff adhere to a strict schedule. Have your staff clean the toilets at the end of every working day, so they’re sparkling clean by the next morning before your workers come pouring in.
4. Proper toilet etiquette is key.
The cleanliness of your facility’s toilets starts with your employees. No matter how well or how often your restrooms are cleaned, it would be useless if your workers don’t practice proper toilet etiquette. Ensure they do by reminding them of the following:
- Always wash hands with soap and water before leaving the toilet.
- Dry hands using tissues or an air hand dryer. Wet hands attract germs and bacteria.
- Do not throw any rubbish in the toilet bowl in order to prevent clogging.
- Always throw rubbish inside designated bins.
- Don’t spit on or throw anything inside the urinals.
You can also put signs in easy-to-see places in the toilets so that your workers are always reminded.
Do you want to supply your facility’s toilets with the best available hygiene products? Then look no further than Hunter Industrial Supplies. We offer premium-grade products such as Supa Kleen hand cleaners and dispensers, as well as Veora 2-ply and 3-ply toilet tissues. At a very reasonable price, you can provide excellent hygiene and cleanliness for your entire facility.